Happy New Year! Our family is excited to start 2019 with a bang and can’t wait for the Australia Day long weekend celebrations in the City of Perth. Celebrations run from Friday 25- Monday 28th January which means there will be plenty to do and lots of activities for the kids too. Here are my picks for the best family friendly events:
- Aussie Play Day (Sunday 27 Jan 2019 | 11:30am to 3:30pm at Cathedral Square) – Celebrate Australia’s diverse culture with a FREE family fun event which will feature craft activities, live music and dance workshops led by international dancers from Australia, Japan, India and New Zealand.
- Skyworks and the Lotterywest Entertainment Zone (Saturday 26 Jan 2019 |Lotterywest Entertainment Zone: From 3pm, Fireworks: 8pm) – Children entertainment to start from 3pm.
- Festival of Sail (Sunday 27 and Monday 28 Jan 2019) – Two days of free sailing for children and adults at Elizabeth Quay. Come down and give it a go!
- Fringe for Kids (Friday 18 Jan – Sunday 17 Feb 2019) – ‘Fringe is not just for the big kids!”. Plenty of free and ticketed events from around the world for the whole family with loads of music, comedy, circus, magic, workshops. Please visit their website to find our more: https://fringeworld.com.au/fringe-kids
- Checking out the Perth Sign at Yagan Square (Saturday 26 Jan – Monday 18 Feb 2019) – In celebration of Australia Day, the Perth sign includes the Aboriginal flag and Torres Strait Islander flag, and will also represent the 78 nationalities living within the Perth CBD based on the 2016 census for the Perth metro area. This Perth sign will sit in Yagan Square until 18 Feb, so come point your flag out out and use the hashtag #cityofperth
All images above courtesy of City of Perth
*This is sponsored post. All opinions, words and views are strictly my own.